Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2024

Tuesday, 6th August 2024 - View from The Royal Standard, Flushing

We had a lovely slow start to our day after an evening catching up over food and wine with Diane. John, Diane and their dog Bobby left us. I did a painting of the view from the apartment while Tim did some work. I was very happy with my picture until it was gently criticised by my husband. It has been relegated to the bottom on a drawer for now. 

We headed into town and after a trip around an art gallery and bought a pasty - a Cornish one!!!- for lunch from the oldest pasty shop in Falmouth. Mine was a medium traditional and Tim went off-piste and had a vegan. We ate them out their paper bags on the quay side waiting for our boat. A short trip across the Fal and we landed in Flushing. The weather was perfect for a walk across fields, through woods and along the prettiest of lanes. We stopped at The Royal Standard. Tim had a beer. I needed a pint of lime and soda while drawing today's postcard. I got totally lost in my art for an hour or so. We headed off to get our return ferry and sat chatting on the quay only to watch our boat leave from another set of steps. With half an hour to wait it would have been missive of us not to try the Harbour House the other pub on Flushing. Back on our ferry across the water to meet John and Diane in The Front. What a fabulous spot and buzzing. We had dinner at Verdant, The Seafood Bar. The perfect meal for me with lots of little sharing dishes. I loved the crispy sardines. 

We are now back in Moonraker watching the Olympics. What a fabulous day. 


View from The Royal Standard, Flushing 
Pen
219/366


No comments:

Post a Comment