Pages

Monday 19 August 2024

Monday, 19th August 2024 -Fig Tree and Caravan

The eight o clock bells roused me from my sleep. After a mug of tea and shower it was bed stripping and bag packing. Mike came and collected us and our bags for our next stay at their house. I love it here. There is so much space I can live and breath the trees. We sat out I. The warming sun with coffee and croissant. Caroline,Craig, Dee, Roger and Bill dropped by and had coffee on their way back home. June and Barry arrived with pastries as they were passing on their way back to Kent. 
This afternoon we walked to the farm shop and ate our peaches and greengages on our walk back.
I bravely took a swim with Mike and Pippa in their pool.
This evening we had aperitifs with Pippa’s sisters and John watching the swans on the river.
Our day had not ended. We were taken to a night market. Tim and I had salt chicken d with rice and pickled vegetables followed by crepe while listening to live music.
The people next to me were leaving and gave us their raffle tickets. Politely I asked where they were from. Michael lived a couple of doors down from where I grew up in Keston!!! His sister Hilary Carver went to primary school with Tim and my sister. How freaky is that! 
I am now heading to bed in the most stunning bedroom with huge windows opening onto wonderful star lit skies. Goodnight lovely people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment