Pages

Thursday 5 March 2015

Thursday, 5th March 2015 - Disappearing Sun

What a glorious day to have a birthday. Happy birthday Zoe.

The intrepid ones went off to the mountains but a lot of the lifts were shut due to high winds. Tim battled on while the others took to the car and went intoChamonix for a bit of retail enjoyment.

I decided to don boots and ski trousers and head over the back of the chalet to find a waterfall to paint. I got about 50 feet. Each step took me up to and sometimes beyond my knees in snow. Bloody hard going, impossible and not much fun. So, I carefully turned around and headed up the road. Tarmac is a much easier to wander along. How can it be so hot when you are sounded by deep snow. Off came my hat, my gloves, my scarf, I undid my coat then that had to be removed. All stuffed into my pink backpack. All the better to enjoy the stunning scenery. I watched the sun go down behind the mountains. Beautiful.

This evening we celebrate Zoe's birthday with a bottle of local sparkling wine then headed into Sameons for dinner at a fusion restaurant. The brandy, sparkling wine and apple juice cocktail was rather lovely. The food unusual and most delicious. My sushi inspired tempura king prawn was very good looking as well as tasty.

If you are ever fancy some cuisine gourmands et creative while  in Sameons I recommend Le Monde a L'Envers by Boogie & Ko for an enjoyable night out. 

I slept well.


Disappearing Sun
Watercolour
Watercolour Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment