Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

Sunday, 29th July 2012 - En Plein Air

Hello

A charming day we have had.

A little bit of a grump this morning. Just so Tim does not think I had been body snatched. He had arranged for us to go to lunch with his Mum. Mr Holford would not approve of sandwiches. Grump over as I found a feta and bean recipe in my Bible. We had a lovely lunch and I came home with a TV guide to the Olympics so I can now plan my ironing.

We went to Rye Harbour (Little London) and after a wander about in the wind and sun looking for a spot to sit and paint. Tim had a newspaper to keep him entertained. Difficult painting outside. I greatly admire anyone who does. The wind turns your page back and forth, shuts your paintbox, rolls your brush down the slope and blows hair in your eyes so you can't see. Then the sun dries the paint before it gets from one side of the page to the other and casts an ever changing shadow across the page, which is still merrily flipping back and forth in the breeze. I got numb body parts from sitting on the ground. I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to the next time.

Three bags of ironing done while watching the Olympics. Just off the do the other four with a Limited Edition hot chocolate.



En Pein Air
Watercolour
Saunders Waterford 140lb not

2 comments:

  1. I already commented on this one, it took it away :-(
    I said something along the lines of you must have enjoyed painting the real thing rather than from a photo and that I'd seen some swimming in the Olympics. I hope you're grumpless today.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really becoming a full on diary now, I am enjoying seeing the text get longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete