Pages

Thursday 17 October 2024

Thursday, 17th October 2024 - Foraging for Sorrel

My culinary skills were put to the test this morning with poached eggs, scrambled eggs, toasting bread, baking pain au chocolate and slicing fresh fruit salad. I jest. A full English breakfast is a thing of the past that I do not regret taking off my breakfast menu. And now I get to stay in bed for an extra half an hour. 

I have been printing lino prints in my studio. Some have been upside down and back to front. What a messy process. It's very relaxing and pleasing when they come out the right way round. It was text that I was experimenting with today.

A recipe in a soup book got Tim and I on a foraging mission. We were looking for sorrel. The first field yielded very little. Nothing in the woods. A field next to lake was peppered with the delightful spear shaped plants. Our harvest is being make into soup as I type. We are testing a recipe for an upcoming dinner party.

Tonight I am off to watch Tom Marsh demonstrate something in oils with the WOKAS group. 


Foraging for Sorrel
Pen and Watercolour
291/366


No comments:

Post a Comment