Pages

Saturday 12 October 2024

Saturday, 12th October 2024 - Hesperantha coccinea that's not coccinea

 Lindsey gave me this plant a few years ago. I have divided it and have four pots in my greenhouse. At this time of year it sends up spears of pink flowers. It should be put out into the garden but so many plants disappear in our flower beds I don't want to risk losing it to the slugs/snails/deer or rotting in our water clogged clay. I might be a devil and plant one out as an experiment. It's name is and isn't correct. It is a hesperantha coccinea but coccinea means red and mine is triumphant in its pinkness.

We have sparkling windows, weatherboard and cars. Tim got his brush with its hose attachment out!!!!

I must go and change my blouse and put on my green necklace. We are off to dinner with Sarah and Nigel at The Salehurst Halt. I am very much looking forward to an evening out. Tim had lobster risotto at The Savoy last night. That is probably not on the menu this evening. I will tell you any intriguing stories tomorrow.


Hesperantha coccinea that's not coccinea 
Pen and Watercolour
285/366


No comments:

Post a Comment