Pages

Friday 11 October 2024

Friday, 11th October 2024 - Lucky Black Cat

Lindsey and I headed into Tenterden this morning. We were on a mission to find a small gift to post to our brother. He's not feeling at his best and had to cancel a trip to see us a while ago. We both love a wander around the shops. We were examined the glorious books in Waterstones. I returned a blouse to White Stuff and got cash back in my wallet. I returned a bag to another shop and left annoyed that I had been given a credit note. Brett and James are replacing some very very rotten timber beams in one of the shops. Brett came up with the marvellous idea of getting Chris some Tiger balm. Excellent. We found it in Boots with vitamin D tablets and a little gift for my advent calendar collection for Harriet, this is a secret so don't tell her!!! The Grape Tree added to our shopping with roasted nuts. Nutmeg was a perfect place to stop for frothy coffee and a shared pork roll. Thank you Lindsey. I was just a bit envious of Lindsey. She was spending the afternoon making an autumn wreath.  BUT I remembered that I have the charming lavender wreath that Alli made me on my door so wouldn't have room for another. Enviousness averted.

This evening I am alone as Tim is at an awards dinner at The Savoy. I hope he brings me home a truffle. I watched a stupid romance that made me cry while eating a steak that caught fire under the grill. It had a nice charred crust. When I had stopped crying I spread myself out on the dining room table with my lino cutting blades and spent a happy time cutting a cat. This I will send to my cousin Susan as she is a lover of cats.



Lucky Black Cat
Linocut
284/366

No comments:

Post a Comment