Pages

Sunday 13 October 2024

Sunday, 13th October 2024 - Nigel's Russets

We had an excellent meal at a very busy and friendly Salehurst Halt last night. Sarah and I shared a many layered starter with crispy choizo, black pudding, avocado, black beans on a tiny round of flat bread - absolutely delicious. The rose wine was pétillant which I like very much. I had short rib baised beef with a rich sauce and polenta with shavings of parmesan. Chatting with friends is a lovely way to spend a Saturday evening. I slept very well and had to set my alarm so I was up and ready to poach eggs for our bnb guests.

Tim has been hedge cutting. I gave a hand with the clearing and started a bonfire that quickly turned from flames to smoke to nothing at all. It needs to dry out a lot. I love a bonfire. It is ready for attention on another day.

Nigel gave Tim a bag of his favourite apples. They are russets. The perfect model for today's postcard.


Nigel's Russets
Watercolour
287/366 














No comments:

Post a Comment