Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2024

Wednesday, 17th April 2024 - Pavilion de Flore

 I woke to my husband bringing me an almond croissant. Perfect with a mug of tea. I bring tea bags wherever I travel. Lindsey understands the importance of tea particularly in the morning. He was up and out while I slumbered and showered. We packed our backpacks and headed downtown. It was a beautiful morning for a Parisian walk. Just adore it here. We spent the afternoon in Musee d’Orsay amongst the Impressionists. So many paintings I had only seen in books and some I had never seen. There was a Monet of white turkeys I particularly liked. It chucked it down while we were immersed  in paintings. So lucky with the weather. A Metro took us back to Monmatre. A brief freshen up, a cold glass of rose then back out for an evening of food and exploration.

We went for an aperitif. I was confused by Tim ordering two grand beers!?! Steve and Zoe were there. What a lovely surprise. We had dinner at Ma Biche which was good apart from a toilet fiasco. A wander back to the bar below our apartment to finish the evening with a Cointreau. I have heaved myself up over 100 steps of a spiral staircase to bed. Good night lovely people. 

This is the kit I take away with me.



Pavilion de Flore
Pen and Watercolour 
108/366







No comments:

Post a Comment