Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2024

Tuesday, 2nd April 2024 - Window Shopping in Cranbrook

On our last trip to Cranbrook Sarah and I vowed to try a different coffee venue after a grumpy greeting at Wendy's. We both forgot and ended up having very good coffee and a very needed half a bacon roll with chilli jam. We have become creatures of habit. It is comforting and means we can get to the nitty gritty of conversation about life in our happy space. Another regular haunt is the charity shop. There was nearly a bust-up with Sarah and the manager over the price of a stack of plates. I left them to it and pretended to be very interested in the clothing. I found books and a game for Hetty, Raffy and Herbie.

Once back home I had to reinstate my bnb rooms after the grandchildrens visit. Now all clean and pristine ready for today's guests. They have been before so I didn't get my usual guest arriving nerves.

The fridge is full of tasty bowls of bits of pieces left over from the weekend meals. I think I will have cold chicken followed by rice pudding and rhubarb. I made a triple sized rice pudding thinking it would be popular but none of the grandchildren liked it. Tim and I are making a valiant attempt at eating it.

Tony and Wendy picked us up for a drink at The Bell and Jorrocks, they were closing at 8pm so we went onto The Milkhouse, they were closing early too. We were extricated from two pubs in one evening!!!


Window Shopping in Cranbrook 
Pen and Watercolour
92/366



No comments:

Post a Comment