Pages

Saturday 6 April 2024

Saturday, 6th April 2024 - Wild Purple Orchid for Happiness

I have prepared and cooked the same breakfast for guests for the past four mornings. I will probably be up frying eggs tomorrow as it has become embedded in my daily routine. I need to find some exercises to strengthen my back. Bending cleaning the rooms makes my back grouchy and spasm. 

Tom has arrived for my birthday celebrations that start tomorrow. Fable needed a walk after being sat in the car for over two hours. I wore wellies and strode happily through the mud and puddles until I remembered I had not fixed the hole in my right boot! We posted my latest postcards, spotted a coterie (new collective noun for me to learn) of purple orchids and walked past The Bull. We opened beer and wine back at home. I reduced our egg mountain by making cheese and mushrooms omelettes. Well done hens.

There are load of entries on the internet about purple orchids. A lot to do with the double tubors. You can look that up yourself as I can't bring myself to put it in print. I will stick with the more pleasant symbolism of purity, prosperity and happiness.


Wild purple Orchid for Happiness 
Pen and Watercolour
96/366 




No comments:

Post a Comment