Pages

Sunday 1 January 2023

Sunday, 1st January 2023 - Hyacinths from June

I enter 2023 with a little uncertainty as to where it will take me. No resolutions for me this New Year. I don't want to self induced guilt of breaking them. It feels good too.

The Christmas greenery has been cleared from drooping over the pictures, unwound from winding around the bannisters, undraped from the mantle piece where they had crisped up from the heat of the woodburner and dumped on our ever growing bonfire mound. That feels so much better. 

I popped into a friends house yesterday. Wow, June and Barry have done an amazing transformation of their cottage. So clever. It was lovely sitting in their new kitchen drinking coffee eating stollen - I do like stollen and this was all the better for having almonds. Barry opened a bottle of Chapel Down sparkling wine. We had a just the one or maybe two ..... and it was New Years Eve ...... and delicious ...... and I knew I wasn't going anywhere that evening.


Hyacinths from June
Indian Ink and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment