Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2023

Monday, 23rd January 2023 - Knopper Oak Gall

After a long and lazy few weeks I got back on the yoga mat with Adriene. She does a monthly calendar with different exercises each day. I love the variety. I don't think my muscles agree. I am soooo unbendy. 

Back in the autumn I was wondering over the grounds of Benenden School. There was an oak tree heaving with oak galls. They ended up in my pockets. I have a bowl of them waiting in my studio to be ground into ink. My book A Forager's Guide to Natural Inkmaking is off the bookshelf and open with the recipe waiting. I need to find something to grind the galls. I will have a rummage through the kitchen cupboards. I love their spiky appearance and how they cling onto the acorns. They are going to take some prising to get them apart. They make a great subject to drawn and paint.

Knopper Oak Gall
Pen and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment