Pages

Monday 27 August 2018

Sunday, 26th August 2018 - Umbrellas at Scotney

Again I cannot upload my picture. It tell me an error has occurred. Yes, that is patently obvious. I have found a solution to my photo problem. I am at Benenden Hospital and all systems are working perfectly. The lengths I go to for my audience.

It was an early breakfast for all my guests as they had places to go. This suited me fine as I needed to make french sticks and lemon tarts for our invited visitors.

Jo and Elaine have travelled from London to spend a night with us. The lunch of lentil curry I had made on Friday was even better after steeping in the spices. I found array of chutneys from the cupboard to test and taste with the lentils. This raised the question of how they grow. Quite a high percentage in Canada. Two lentils per pod on a bush. That must take some picking and depodding.

The insistent rain changed our plans of wandering the gardens of Great Dixter to inspecting the inside of Scotney Castle. It was a damn good thing we are all National Trust members as the house was closed for the day. We did arrive rather late in the afternoon. We got to walk the old castle ruins. They are surprisingly interesting. I do like a moat.

This evening we turned dough into pizzas and were joined by John and Diane. Alexa turned the lights out at 11.30pm bringing the night to a not so subtle end.

Umbrellas at Scotney Watercolour Painting


Umbrellas at Scotney
Charcoal and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment