Pages

Saturday 18 August 2018

Saturday, 18th August 2018 - Campari Alternative

In the garden the guelder rose is fruiting. I am on the hunt for a recipe to make the berries into a Campari substitute. This is one drink that I do miss. Wine I am no longer bothered by. Gin has been replaced with Seedlip and to be honest I am more than happy with sparkling water. Or tea.

I have spent hours in the garden. Thompson and Morgan sent me 72 perennial microscopic plants and 36 pansies to pot up. Some of the plants were looking dead or well on their way to meeting their compost maker. Unusually for me I immediately took a photo and emailed T&M. Their response was swift and I am to get a refund. The story does not end there. At the potting bench under the plants was a note that some had been replaced due to poor quality (quality control could do with further improvement) and enclosed was a £10 voucher. I only paid £9.99 so I think I could be quids in. A further plus was labelling the plants I came across Kniphofia's. Not having a clue what they were a quick search revealed them to be Red Hot Pokers. I have longed for these in the garden. I am a happy woman.
Saturday, 18th August 2018 - Campari Alternative, Watercolour Painting


Campari Alternative
Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment