Pages

Saturday 24 February 2018

Saturday, 24th February 2018 - Sow in the Woods

Herbie met Fizz for the first time today. He seems to be a morning person and wakes up full of coos and smiles. Not like his grandma. Fizz visited Mum who is still feeling positively chirpy and reducing her drugs. I find this sudden turnabout quite astounding.

While brushing my teeth and balancing my Kindle I felt sad. Actually, no not sad, more nostalgic. It got me thinking about the library I used to go to as a child on a Saturday and during the holidays. I think it was in Hayes. The atmosphere of a library is a unique phenomenon. And then there were one's own cardboard tickets with handwriting on. I liked to see when the book had been last taken out and how long for. I don't think there is anything that equates to that feeling anymore. Will the next generation suffer for not having the peace and quiet in their minds? Will their brains have the capacity to cope with the instant stimulation that the constantly updating world forces upon them?

An afternoon walk was not as ferocious with cold as the weather forecast told me. There were loads of people and dogs braving the elements before the big freeze comes. And a pig.


Sow in the Woods
Watercolour
140lb NOT


No comments:

Post a Comment