Pages

Monday 13 August 2012

Monday, 13th August 2012 - Ripen at Home

At 9.30am I was still in my PJs and dressing gown and drinking tea. Such a splendid start to the week.

Yesterday my poor old Dad had been taken to A&E Resus. He is having two hourly obs and they found his blood pressure and heart rate had dropped alarmingly low. They treated him at The Conquest  and he was back at Rye Memorial Hopsital by the evening. Nothing like a Sunday drive.

Lindsey and I went to see him this afternoon. He was looking rather grey and frail. He told us about the red tray he has his food on which makes them check how much he has eaten. Lindsey did a great job helping him with his supper and we left wondering where it was all going and what we can do about our stubborn mother. The hospital are looking after him as best they can and are very kind.  He has become rather a frequent visitor and they have got to know him well. Double edged sword comes to mind.

I am patiently waiting for my plums to become edible.


Ripen at Home
Watercolour
SAA Paper 140lb not



1 comment:

  1. Splendid plums - which look very nearly ripe to me. Sorry about your poor old Dad x

    ReplyDelete