Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2022

Tuesday, 20th September 2022 - Garden Pears

We have had a pear tree in the garden for many years. This is the first year our pear tree has born fruit worth eating. Usually they drop off before getting to any edible size. I got to them before the wasps and the canker. They are ripening on our window sill. 

We went for a walk with Tony and Wendy on Sunday. I told them of my desire to make ink from oak galls. We passed many an oak tree that were each thoroughly inspected. I pocketed five galls. We stopped for a drink at The Bull. One of the galls in my pocket had an earwig inside that decided to crawl out and up inside my blouse. Not a terribly pleasant experience. I will take a bag for my foraged galls in future.


Garden Pears
Watercolour



No comments:

Post a Comment