Pages

Monday 3 June 2019

Monday, 3rd June 2019 - Brief Grief

I HAVE LOST MY GLASSES!!!! I had them last night but don't think I had them this morning. Now I cannot drive. What a twit not having a spare pair. They must be somewhere in the house but WHERE????

Anyway back to Mum. Harriet, Herbie and I went to see her today. (No I wasn't driving so didn't have my glasses then) We spent three hours with her. She was attended by us or carers the whole time. I feel shattered. She was talking about some odd things amongst the lucid sections.  We gave her tea, yogurt, tea, water, some omelet and more tea. The duck that was nesting outside Mum's door had gone for a swim. We checked her eggs. They were a bit swishy when shaken. A decision was taken that after six weeks she needed to give up.The eggs exploded on contact with the ground under the hedge. They didn't half pong. Poor duck looked so sad when she came back to an empty nest and rummaged around for a bit before heading to the pond where she stayed.

I have two guests. One is 91 and the other 94. They are an inspiration. After a trip to Sissinghurst Gardens this morning they came back for a rest before spending the afternoon in the dining room doing crosswords and playing cards. Amazing.

WHERE ARE MY GLASSES?



Brief Grief
Pen and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment