Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

Saturday, 11th October 2014 - Apple Pickers

What a lovely day.

It started with pretty torrential rain that followed us to the Apple Fayre in Cranbrook. I fine display of dancing was put on by the Weald of Kent Morris. I met Sarah - she was my downfall - the toffee apple cider was good, the No 23 was very tasty and Biddenden cider was excellent.

This afternoon we spent a merry time picking apples with Nigel, Sarah, Harriet, Hetty and Bella at Hallwood Farm. Harriet and I screamed like girls as Nigel sped us along the muddy tracks with us perched on the back of his truck, Hetty and Bella were on too and took the ride very calmly. We had so many apples we could not fit them in the car with all the family and had to return later for a couple of beers/wine to collect our foray.

An enjoyable evening spent watching Dr Who accompanied by a delicious mushroom and goats cheese risotto Harriet had made and left in my fridge. Yummy.


Apple Pickers
Pen with watercolour
Recycled Card

2 comments:

  1. A very lovely day but I pass the blame for the cider fest back to you Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me very hungry and thirsty, Will and I have been out for a Sunday roast so it's ok now :-) Truck ride/apple picking sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete