Pages

Sunday 2 February 2020

Friday, 31st January 2020 - Conghurst Lane

I was mute  and bleary as I dragged myself from under my duvet. Tim has gone to Orlando. I dropped him off at the station hoping to miss the mass of commuters. At 6.45am the stream of cars heading to work was surprising. I was surprised.

I arrived at Merriments for a coffee with Sarah half an hour early. What a twit I am. We found Wendy and asked for her experience on the purchase of sweetpea seeds. Sarah  now has enough to fill over one hundred vases. I nor Sarah or Wendy were very impressed with Merriments. They sell expensive tat, the plants are exorbitant, I didn't like the decor in the restaurant which looks like it is set up for coach parties of retirees. I did get a pot of chutney with my cheese scone which was a nice touch. I don't think we will ever ever return.

This evening Harriet and I ate crispy duck and drank Chapel Down bacchus - a favourite of  mine and hers. It was a delightful evening. It was good to talk without the little ones. They are gorgeous but can be quite distracting. My thoughts get diverted easily by someone needed me to put a puzzle together. It was good to be able to concentrate on a whole sentence. Harriet is an amazing daughter. 


Conghurst Lane
Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment