Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

Friday, 26th April 2013 - 12:02:27pm - Coffee and Hetty's Cakes

Apart from the minor internal waterfall due to a leaking shower it has been a peaceful day.

Tim and I enjoyed Hetty's beautifully decorated cakes with our coffee. Cream and pink butter icing sprinkled with green, orange and blue sugar glitter, chocolate beans stuck nice and deep with little fingers, tiny marshmallows and topped with a wafer flower which had a lick or two to help it stick. What more could a grandparent need. Thank you Hetty they were delicious.

I had a wheelbarrow of plants which are now big enough to venture out into the garden but got side tracked by the masses of weeds needing removing.

Just for those who may have been concerned our sick chicken she has recovered and back on a diet of burnt toast.

We pottered into Tenterden in the search of a frame for my 77cm x 14cm painting that is the first picture I made in 2012 and is to be the centre of my exhibition. Not much luck. It does not seem to be a common size. I am going to have to make something somehow.

Tim said todays painting is one for the scrapbook along with yesterdays. Must be my scrapbook phase. I am hoping the few glasses of wine I had at The Woolpack with Mike and Pippa will inspire my creativity.



12:02:27
Coffee and Hetty's Cakes
Watercolour
Jacksons 130lb not


No comments:

Post a Comment