Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

Saturday, 23rd March 2013 - 10:33:02am - Babies at Riverbend Cottages

I was up before 6am, just and wearily until I had a mug of tea inside me - to cook for a guest.

To my delight I had arranged a day with Harriet, Hetty and Arabella. It is Harriet's first day alone, Brett is working in Dover, so of course I offered my support. I have not seen my gorgeous granddaughters for 8 days and missing them so very much.

Then it snowed. It was not enough to keep me off the roads which were clear and caused no delay in my trip.

I have had a wonderful day. Hetty is such a delight to be in the company of. At lunch she reminded Harriet to say 'please' - you should have seen our raised eyebrows. Excellent manners Hetty. Little Arabella is not so little and a bundle of cuddliness who is difficult to put down.

An update on yesterday. The meal at Sankeys was excellent. I did not realise that it was a fish restaurant which was a bonus. The food was delicious especially the sardines. I was pleased we were not seated near the lobster tank. The company wonderful. Thank you June for organising it. Don't leave it so long next time!

When I arrived at Harriet's some friends were there to meet Arabella with their son. I think many of Harriet's friends with toddlers are thinking about second baby's and bringing their little ones to see what their reaction to a baby is. My diary alarm went off during their visit. Perfect for a picture.



10:33:02am
Babies at Riverbend Cottages
Pen with Watercolour
Jacksons 130lb not


1 comment:

  1. You are right - we must not leave it so long to meet up and eat lots of fish! Thank you for a lovely evening. ps I didnt realise you had an alarm for your paint diary - I think I get it now...and what a charming picture!!

    ReplyDelete