Pages

Saturday 30 May 2015

Saturday, 30th May 2015 - Avocet at Rye

We have had a lovely day.

Si came over for our bee lesson. I have come to a plateau in my learning. Good thing Tim has the brain of a professor. Our hive has had an extension, something to encourage more honey. We did see some bees hatching which was fascinating. My next quest is to find out what pollen they are collecting.

Tim made Jamie Oliver's tomato soup along with a very gorgeous crusty loaf. The sun was warm enough for us to enjoy this with Si in the garden.

This afternoon we surprised Brenda by turning up in our new car. She knew we were coming it was the car that surprised her by its newness. All is well at Wendletrap. Tim and I went for a breezy walk along Rye Harbour and took shelter in a Hide where we watched the birds pottering about. We met Mike, Pippa, Caroline, Pat (from the ban Men without Hens - I must confess I have not seen them perform to date) and Liza in the Rye Kino to watch Far FromThe Madding Crowd while taking a plastic glass of wine. I enjoyed it in my ignorance of the original production. Pippa was thoroughly disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment