Pages

Friday 15 May 2015

Friday, 15th May 2015 - Rhododendron Fragment


Well it seems much more than a week ago that Tim and I were motoring down through France in the MG. That old adage of time going quicker as you get older certainly applies here.

The rain has let up and I was able to get back to my task of repotting my pots. It is an interminable job as I cannot bare (is this the correct bare? Surely not 'bear' although we do need to watch out for them eating the honey from our hive) to bin the old tulips which was suggested to me by gardener Wendy. It is a many staged operation. Firstly, to find a patch of garden and inevitably it has grown weeds which need removing. Second, plant the old tulips and as I have a hole dug I may as well put I one of the 200 plus plants that are in the greenhouse (which are now in danger is becoming pot bound). Next I can heave my pot into my squeaky wheelbarrow (I like the rest of you to know I am working) and take it to
my potting bench for replanting. Finally, back up the garden with my pot full of rather insignificant looking plants. They looked so good in the greenhouse. And it all starts again.

I took a comfortable seat, a glass of cider and my camera for a bee watch. They had all gone to bed!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment