Pages

Monday 4 September 2023

Monday, 4th September 2023 - Which Rose?

The mornings are getting darker and the nights are drawing in but blimey it has been hot. 

Two of my grandchildren have gone back to school today. I remember the feeling of nerves I used to get. I hope they have had good days.

Tony and Wendy picked us up this afternoon. We walked in the shade of the woods around Sissinghurst Castle Gardens with Tony pointing out his woodwork. The cafe was a good spot to eat stem ginger ice-cream. Our rose garden at home needs an overhaul. Some of the roses are ancient and showing their scraggly age with disease and looking well past their prime. There were lots of roses next to the cafe. We took advice from Wendy, who know these things, that today was not the best time to purchase a rose. It was very tempting as they were on offer. I do like a bargain.


Which Rose?
Pen and Watercolour


 

No comments:

Post a Comment