Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Wednesday, 15th May 2019 - LeeLee Under Pressure

LeeLee and I joined 30 or so artists at an En Plein Air event at Hole Park in Rolvenden. It is run by Joanne Weaver (and helpers) in aid of Pilgrims Hospice. You have one day to paint, complete and hang a picture. The canvas is stamped at the beginning of the day and returned at the end. So there is no cheating. It is not allowed to be prepared in any way, shape or form. We started late and very relaxed. Panic set in after a ham sandwich as to how short on time we were getting. I spent a long time wandering the grounds sketching my composition. And I chose to do a diptych so had paintings that needed to be cohesive. We finished and left with a sense of achievement. And thank you to those who came along and supported us with tea.

This evening I drank rose whilst being entertained by The Weald of Kent Morris at The Stilebridge. A good way to unwind after my painting extravaganza.


LeeLee Under Pressure
Pen and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment