Pages

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Wednesday, 21st September 2016 - Sourdough Day One, Attempt Two

My sourdough experiment is up and running again. Now I am back from holiday and have time to look after it. This is from The Sourdough School. Flour and water as a starter. Done. No contamination from beer, rotted fruit or cheese. I am rather excited.

I have put myself under immense pressure this afternoon. I have set the timer to fifteen minutes. I feel this is an appropriate amount of time for the sprinkler to water a patch in the dehydrated garden. But it has made me very competitive (only with myself) to see how much I can get done in that fifteen minutes. I have a gathering sense of panic. My picture I had to carry over from one fifteen minutes into the next to get it finished. I had time-in-hand so managed to get the rice on and cooking too. I didn't have enough minutes left to hunt down the basmati so we have easy cook long grain with our curry.

My life is in fifteen minutes slots. I quite like it. I can pour and drink a glass of wine, chop onions and get them frying, prepare half a butternut squash and a sweet potato all in one slot. Pretty good going I say.

Got to go my time is up. Paul Hollywood kneads me!!!



1 comment:

  1. Lol, "kneads" :-D
    I like your 15 minute breakdown, I think I'll try that someday. Love love
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete