Pages

Tuesday 4 May 2021

Tuesday, 4th May 2021 - Elizabeth's Pot

On a walk this afternoon Tim and I had our annual discussion about whether the sprig of flowers I had picked was Blackthorn or Hawthorn. Neither of us could remember. Google confirmed it to be Hawthorn as it has leaves and flowers at the same time. I will test my memory in a year's time.

The patch where I grow my runner beans needs weeding. I don't think they are meant to go in the same spot each year but I continue to break the rule. One year I expect they will fail but until then they will continue in the same place. Fortunately, I gathered seed from last year's marvellous plants. Unfortunately I have forgotten to plant them. BUT I am hopeful that as the seasons seem to be about a month delayed that planting them tomorrow will perfect and produce a glorious harvest.


Elizabeth's Pot
Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment