Pages

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Tuesday, 11th May 2021 - When is a Flower a Weed?

I miss seeing my grandchildren and children very much. I love my video calls. Herbie needed to check I still had legs today. 

I have painted yet another door. Enough for now.

This afternoon the weather was sneaky. It looked much warmer than it was. The garden has exploded after the rain. I removed weeds that were snuggling amongst my plants. The chickens got shouted at for upending newly planted hollyhocks. A bit of culling had to be done to the forget-me-nots. They are still looking lovely but creeping buttercups are hiding underneath ready for an invasion and needed to be exposed and removed.

I cannot identify this plant. It is growing prolifically in my flower bed. I did not plant it. So is it a weed if not invited? I put some in a vase. It dropped petals. They are tiny shaped hearts. A poet would write something meaningful here.



When is a Flower a Weed?
Pen and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment