Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

Saturday, 7th January 2017 - A Gift of Tête-à-Tête

I dislike my alarm. I want to lie in bed, hold your hand and watch the sun rise.
My delightful guests gave me a gift of a bowl of narcissus which I totally deserve.
Hetty has started Judo. I am very proud, she is the only girl in the group - taught by two women which is excellent - and floored the boy who was her partner three times. Hugo has started training school too. It sounds like it is as much about teaching the owners as the puppies. He did well too.
I nearly ran out of mushrooms for my guests. Sporting a sticky sinus headache today I did not feel the desire to venture to the supermarket. I was able to get an order this morning from Tescos and a very nice man delivered it to me this evening.
We have a new electric meter. It's 2kW an hour to have the oven on. And as for the kettle!!! We have occupied ourselves trying to find out where the rest of it is being used. The washing machine varies the most with its spinning and heating. I may be in need a new hobby.
A Gift of Tête-à-Tête, Pen and Wash

3 comments:

  1. Your work is getting even more lovely....this is fantastic Kate....have loved the posts and watercolours this last week. Thank you. Sorry to hear about the colds and a teensy bit relieved too that it was not anything, erm, else.....! Jörg always blames the oven for any increase in the bill btw....I sometimes suggest it may be the hours of TV sport, but apparently not. 😇 Tumble dryers are bad....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to lie in bed, hold your hand and watch the sun rise" ..💕💕💕 AW.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Michelle. I hope you and Jorg are well and enjoying the new year

    ReplyDelete