Pages

Saturday 24 October 2015

Saturday, 24th October 2015 - 57th Birthday

I did a bit of Internet investigating last night. The flower I was so delighted with is probably Japanese Knotweed. It is now consigned to a bin liner for disposal.

Hetty and Bella were keen to help Tim unwrap his steam juicer. Lesley gave Si the very same gift for his birthday. I blame Michael for tempting us.

The day was spent preparing food for twenty one friends. I was making apple pies and fish soup while Tim got going in the pizza bases.  I got a bit hysterical when Tim and I got the pew stuck in the doorway. You know when you get to that point of wondering what the hell you are doing. Just a couple of times during today.

Who came? Sarah, Nigel, June, Barry, Si, Lesley, Nick, Suzy, Nick, Ali, Lindsey, Mike, Pippa, Tony, Wendy, Ray, Linda, John, Innis and Tim and myself.

We ate:- Jamie Oliver's Sicilian fish soup, lemon sorbet with lemoncello or gin shots, pizza, apple pie and cheese make into a stack with a sparkler on top. 

Lovely evening with lovely friends. Thankyou all of those who were able to come for making it a fantastic birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment