Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Tuesday, 15th September 2015 - Honey, Honey, Honey

Tired, bloody tired.

I between showers I took a solo trip to the hive. Well not quite alone, Tim was present at a distance as his back was not quite up to hive work. The bees have done a fine job cleaning out the sticky frames which I removed. They need to be treated with acetic acid before winter storing. Not looking forward to another job I have no experience of yet. The bees now have homemade sugar syrup to top them up before the winter.

Tom rang this afternoon. It was great to catch up with his news. Not sure I liked the bit about him spinning a car on a race track but he assured me it was better than on a motorway. I suppose there is some sort of logic there.

This evening we put the honey in jars. It looks amazing. I am quite proud of our honey achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment