Pages

Saturday 6 December 2014

Saturday, 6th December 2014 - Working Mens Club, Marden

I breakfasted my guests. Who were delightful in their late need of sausage and bacon. I have become accustomed to going to bed late and getting up late.

The Volvo was in full working order which meant I had a cleansing session stuffing many bags of rubbish into the refuse lorry at Iden Green this morning. I came back to find Tim under the floor with his pipes again and Mum sitting in the kitchen. She thought we were all still in bed!!!

The Evans arrived with Jack. We had a few books with Great Grandma then piled into the car. I was driving and it became a rather stressful experience as it keeps cutting out mid flow. Brett said he has a technique. I would rather not know.

Brett has been building the kitchen units while Mum, Harriet, Hetty and Bella went to watch The Weald of Kent Morris display themselves at the Marden Christmas spectacular. Tim managed to shake off the dirt and dust that he had accumulated from his morning under floor expeditions. It was pleasing to see that Father Christmas joined in the dancing and he was giving his reindeer a rest and drove off in a rather pretty vintage car with his elves. Hetty questioned me about them being children and I explained that they would grow into adult elves - true isn't it?

Back home for more books and playdoh. Margaret came to collect Malcolm and couldn't resist having a smell.

I took Mum home. What an amazing moon and came home to a very tidy house. Thank you Mrs Evans. I am sorry I upset you today. Very very sorry.



Working Men Club
Pen and Watercolour
Watercolour Paper

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I am sorry for having a tantrum, I did need a good telling off and a cry, feel much better for it ☺ you have beautifully captured Great Grandma's newly bouffanted hair and the glasses I didn't notice I was wearing in your painting �� and I am pleased to see I have such excellent posture too! Love you very very much and sorry for causing such havoc in your life, things will be calm soon. Oh, hang on, you'll have a preschooler and a toddler living next door...maybe not!

    ReplyDelete