Pages

Friday 5 December 2014

Friday, 5th December 2014 - Jamie Oliver's Palmiers with a Twist

I think the cold caused Tim and I to have a minor hibernation. We got up quite late this morning. Tim lured me out of bed with a mug of tea.

I spent many hours finding much more necessary things to do than emulsioning. You know when the mood does not take you? So I hoovered ( I did have guests arriving and we did seem to have most of the leaves from the garden in the house), I put away many bags of shopping from a very jolly Tescos delivery man and made a mountain of puff pasty swirly things with mincemeat in. Eventually I got myself into painting gear and have finished the ceilings......yipppppeeeee.......I hate hate hate ceilings. Tim did the edges for me. The green wall is finished apart from the bits that escaped onto the ceiling - very naughty paint brush I had today.

We are off out for the evening to be fed grouse by John and Innis. I am looking forward to it very much.

Oh the twist was a sprinkling of demerera sugar - such a devil deviating from the recipe. There are meant to be eaten sitting atop a glass of sherry with a dollop of ice cream. Not very practical. I'll just have the sherry.


Jamie Oliver's Palmiers with a Twist
Pen with Watercolour
Watercolour Paper

2 comments:

  1. I will have the ice cream ☺ what a team we are! I am without my man tonight as he is redeluvering to you your boxes, now full if books on art and architecture and gardening and crochet. Hope you have fun tonight, look forward to seeing you for great grandma joys tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect all that ceiling-painting is good cross-training for swimming!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete