Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Sunday, 23rd September 2012 - Palms to Kandy

Hello

We left our hotel in Colombo at 6.15am in a taxi to Kandy Fort station. Our bags were carried and doors opened - all very lovely. I followed along behind Tim, he has a sixth sense for direction into the station. Along a long platform and waited for our Expo Train. It was like something out of Agatha Christie. I expected Poiret to turn up. Hopefully no murders. We boarded our train for the princely sun of 3600 rupees. This included hot flannels to wipe your sticky bits, a sweet, breakfast (curry based), tea or coffee and a sleep. I caught a bit of the scenery below. Loads and loads of palm trees interspersed with buffalo and herons. This took 3 and a half hours.



Parlms to Kandy
Pen and Ink
Sketchbook

This is all rather for me to remember but you may be interested too.  We were acosted (in a friendly manner they are very gently folk the Sri Lankans) and took a taxi to our next destination Hotel Suisse. Arriving at 10.30 we were happy to drop our bags but had to wait only a short while for our room on the third flor to be ready. Very huge it is too. I showered while Tim slept. We ventured out into the wilds of Kandy. It was very hot and humid. My hair is intersting. We bargained in the market and came back to the hotel and I swan in the pool while Tim wrote postcards. We are just off out for dinner so I have to leave you but what a fantastic day. I love being on holiday.

1 comment:

  1. please can we have a painting of your hair next?! swimming with swans sounds charming :p xxx

    ReplyDelete