Pages

Monday 5 December 2022

Monday, 5th December 2022 - After The Show

I took my sourdough starter out the fridge this morning and told it, "Time to wake up" I am sure I am not the only baker who talks to their bread.

I love these short days with dark mornings and afternoons. I can condense leaf raking to daylight hours and not feel even a tiny bit guilty about having to come inside because I can't see beyond the end of my rake. This is not a daily activity as I can only manage a couple of hours before I am worn out. It does help having an audio book playing in my ears. I am enjoying being frightened by John Sandford books. 

Last Saturday evening we to see A Christmas Carol performed by a travelling theatre company. Harriet, Hetty and Raffy joined us. We took torches, put on waterproof footwear and strode across the fields to the theatre at Benenden Girls School. It was a great production full of wonderful costumes, I love a bit of velvet, frightening characters, Raffy's quiet chatter calmed her nerves, wine and Maltesers during the interval and a wander home back down the fields. I am now beginning to feel a bit festive.


After The Show
Pen and Watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment