Pages

Sunday 31 October 2021

Saturday, 30th October 2021 - I Made A Basket

Today I was on the road by 8.30am heading to a course to teach me a new skill. 

Eight virgin basket makers arrived at Linda's home. Marianne van Niekerken patiently took us through the basics which got more complicated by the hour. We were given ready made bottoms (mine was a lovely big one) then started slyping and inserting stakes, following weaving the upset to make sure our stakes were in the correct position we chose a weave to make up the sides then there was a bit of wailing before the border. There was a lot of faces contorted in concentration. Quite a lot of foul language as we undid our mistakes. We all came away with the most beautiful crafted pieces of basketware. Some were going to be hung as lights, some filled with bread or fruit, mine is sitting on my kitchen table where I can admire the workmanship and tend to my sore fingers. Thank you Linda for organising the day and keeping us fed with coffee, cake, lunch, cake and tea.





I Made A Basket
Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment