Pages

Friday 13 May 2016

Friday, 13th May 2016 - Wax Moth Larvae

While I was cooking breakfast for guests Tim was at the kitchen table building new frames for our bee hive.

Michael gave up some much appreciated time to come and inspect our hive. As Tim's is still suffering with his back I was prime dismantler. Quite an engaging task when you have the calming voice of Michael by your side. I am not ready to go it alone. We are still on a huge learning curve. The discovery of a wax moth larvae is an experience I don't think I will ever recover from. After disturbing the dark headed beast it squirmed across the frame I was holding. I am still mightily impressed with my control not to throw it across the garden. It was swiftly dealt with by a leather glove. 

It was good to get out in the company of friends for wine and food this evening. We took a trip to The Star in Matfield accompanied by Si, Lesley, Nick and Alli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment