Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Wednesday, 15th February 2012 - That's not Impressionism!

In my art class today I thought we were painting in the style of Impressionism. Monet, Van Gogh - bright expressive colours being in the fore and perspective and realism at the aft.

I was wrong. It was more to do with the complementary colours. Yellow lemon with purple shadow that sort of thing.

I became frustrated that it was suggested that I spend more time on the drawing.

One is my class picture. I did not like what I was doing.


When I got home and after a cup of tea this is what I thought we were going to be doing. I must admit I did not spend very long on this one

What do you think?





3 comments:

  1. I would like to cautiously say that they are both very good and you are very clever... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and I would like to cautiously say that both are far better than my efforts and, whilst I feel your frustration with the class, I am grateful to you for being almost as confused as I am......

    next week is drawing - surely that will be less frustrating?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to draw, do you think your tutor would notice if Hetty and I came too?

    ReplyDelete